[F3A-Discussion] Draft 2013/2015 sequences

Earl Haury ejhaury at comcast.net
Sun Nov 29 16:30:58 AKST 2009

Chairman Circular November 2009Hi Derek

The sequences appear OK. The P's seem to flow well and there are ample cross box options.The difficulty level may be a little low, but fit with the intended purpose. The F's are aggressive (as they should be) and a couple of maneuvers will take a little more description to be fully understood (Aresti would help). There are also a couple of maneuvers that can be long (4 rolls reversed for example).

The descriptions have several errors (as other have mentioned) and need a fair bit of cleaning up before a final version.

Michael's fix for the point roll controversy (been going on for nearly 40 years that I've been involved) borders on brilliant ! Wish we'd have thought of using fractional rolls years ago.

I'd like to see the poles moved to 175 meters. Beyond that is where downgrades occur and it would help the judges on end box calls.

I'd also like to see a bit more clarification of the "straight & level" term. Some interpret s&l to mean parallel to the runway and level in pitch. Others see it to mean parallel to the runway and level in pitch & roll. I have observed a fair bit of judging both ways. Simply changing it to "straight (parallel to the runway) and level in pitch & roll" would clarify it for all.

Earl