[F3A-Discussion] Schedule Proposals F-13/15

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 21:18:33 AKST 2010

More information about F13

I think F-13 Arestis look good now, just in F13.05 the arrow for the first
roll may point downwards instead of upwards.

As for the manoeuvre description, may be it would be better to say:

“From upright, perform a ¼ horizontal circle while performing the first ¼ of
two rolls, then while continuing the rolling (¼ of the rolls per ¼ of the
circles), perform immediately another (full) circle in the opposite
direction, then while continuing the rolling accordingly finish the
remaining ¾ of the first circle, exit upright. The rolling direction is to
the outside of the first 1/4 circle.”

Ken, thank you very much for your initiative and the pilots efforts to test
fly the P-13 and P-15 proposals.
To make up your meanings, please compare these proposals with the P-Schedule
design criterias as per my Circular September 2009/1:

Characteristics:
-      Basic schedules for every F3A-pilot all over the world.
-      Determined for local, national, and international contests and as
prelimenary schedules for FAI contests and competitions.

Criterias:
-      Manoeuvres technically not too difficult, emphasis on geometrical
accuracy and positioning.
-      Manoeuvre no. 1 with basic elements to show preferred manoeuvre size
and smoothness, K<=4.
-      Complex manoeuvres (K=5) earliest as manoeuvre no. 3.
-      Manoevres to contain all basic elements, and rolls in changing
directions, integrated rolls and knife-edges only starting from low to high.
-      Cross-box manoeuvres have to be combined with corresponding
manoeuvres for eventual compensation of distance variations, mainly in cross
wind situations.
-      Just one snap-roll (in horizontal or up direction) per schedule and
only in center manoeuvres.
-      Maximum 3 manoeuvres K=5 (total K=60).
-      Harmonic architecture of manoeuvre sequences with respect to best
possible judgeability.

Please also keep in mind that we are still on a discussion/proposal level.
Any modifications, changes, manoeuvers to replace with other ones you may
have in mind should be forwarded to the Subcommittee now, because, as
already announced, I’d like to make a Subcommittee vote on the P-13 and P-15
Schedule proposals by the end of March 2009 to make them firm.

Looking forward to your questions...