[F3A-Discussion] FAI rules proposals

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Thu Mar 14 11:56:50 AKDT 2013

I think we're strong in favor of changing the unknown K-factor schedule minimum from 74 down to 70.  That proved to be silly to implement at the nats this past year.  That's likely to pass.  I'm personally not a fan of the weight change rules given the concerns we've raised through our forums as to how disruptive it will be to designs and current equipment which have all be evolved to support the current rules.  It may help the very top end of pattern, but it will most certainly hurt the sport in the middle ranks as the costs increase across the board to support new R&D and a likely replacement for all of our current equipment over a few years time (much like when the engine displacement limit was removed).

Also not personally a fan of the "Barrel Roll" as the maneuver is highly subjective in it's execution and judging compared to most of out current maneuvers, but it is what it is.

Mark Atwood
Paragon Consulting, Inc.  |  President
5885 Landerbrook Drive Suite 130, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
Phone: 440.684.3101 x102  |  Direct: 440-229-2502
Fax: 440.684.3102
mark.atwood at paragon-inc.com<mailto:mark.atwood at paragon-inc.com>  |  www.paragon-inc.com<http://www.paragon-inc.com/>