[F3A-Discussion] FAI rules proposals

Michael S. Harrison drmikedds at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 15 06:15:24 AKDT 2013

My response to this is that simply by adjusting for inflation you will see
that the expense is not really changing.  Also, keep in mind that 2
different countries are making a case for weight rule changes.  The fact of
the matter is that it is becoming more expensive to keep the weight as is
because the construction has become more difficult and the materials to
build at that weight are more expensive.  Competition is what drives the
costs not a weight rule.

At any rate, the mindset of the Europeans is not to change the weight rule
and I will be surprised if it passes.

Only a very few people write on this list and so I respond with a counter
because there are plenty out there that do not agree with the current weight
rule and for good reason.  There used to be a builder of the model rule.
Let's bring that back and see how it goes!!!  Lol on that...