[F3A-Discussion] Clarification for P-15 and F-15

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 15:30:53 AKST 2014

After our judging seminar this past weekend I felt that a couple of
maneuvers needed some clarification so I asked for it and here is what I
received

In P-15 – the Golf Ball (and F-15 too) – the ½ rolls (or ¼ roll in F-15) do
NOT have to be done on center but obviously do have to be done in the center
of the 45 degree line (up and down).  However, in order to maximize your
points you should center the rolls on the center pole and the line to
achieve the “smoothness and gracefulness” criteria of scoring.

In F-15.07 – Horizontal Triangular Circle – the maneuver description states
“
perform a ¼ roll in the center
” both on entry and exit.  What this means
that as the pilot hits the center pole, the ¼ roll should be at the 1/8 roll
position (half way through the roll) – wings at a 45 degree angle.  So in
order to do this correctly, the ¼ roll should start a little before center
with the first 1/8 of the roll before center and the 2nd 1/8 of the roll
after center.

In F-15.13 – Figure 9 – the vertical portion of the maneuver does NOT start
on the center pole.  If it did, then the top ¾ loop would actually be offset
to one side.  Since center maneuvers must be centered in the middle of the
box, the vertical up line will actually start after the plane passes center
(since the top ¾ loop is a pull) and then the top ¾ loop will be centered in
the box in front of the pilot/judges.  Unfortunately the Powerpoint
presentation shows this maneuver with the vertical up line on the center
pole when in fact it should be past center.

If you have any questions about these clarifications please let me know, or
if you have questions about the sequences themselves.