[F3A-Discussion] Rule proposals

DaveL322 DaveL322 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 1 09:48:17 AKDT 2016

Yes.  Volts don't kill.  Amps do.
The potential for high amperage rates increases as voltage increases.  I don't recall the specifics, but the amount of amps generally transmittable at 42v is significantly less likely to cause (human) harm than 50v....and that is where the 42v limit originally came from.
I understand the technical benefits of using higher voltage power systems.  That said, if we are going to obsolete 10s lipos, motors, and chargers.....and accept the increased health risk of 50v.....why stop at 12s?  All the benefits of 12s (vs10s) would be further realized by going to 14s or 16s.
1, 3, 4, 5......all good.
Regards,
Dave
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.
-------- Original message --------From: Derek Koopowitz via F3A-Discussion <f3a-discussion at lists.f3a.us> Date: 9/1/16  1:19 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Don Ramsey <donramsey at gmail.com> Cc: f3a-discussion at lists.f3a.us Subject: Re: [F3A-Discussion] Rule proposals
Thanks Don!
BTW, if anyone has some additional thoughts on why going to 12 cells isn't going to harm someone (voltage wise), please let me know.  I had heard (old wives tale perhaps) that moving above 50v of direct current increases the risk of death - actually I believe it is more the number of milliamps (current) that is lethal versus the voltage.