[F3A-Discussion] P19.09 - Stall Turn

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 08:14:51 AKDT 2017

Hi everyone

A question came up about P19.09 – should the stall be on center or offset?  My initial response was to be offset but I wanted to get clarification – after a discussion with the sub-committee chair, we all agreed that it should be offset since this is one of those multiple element maneuvers and the center is essentially half way between the entry line and the exit line.  If you recall, we did a center figure 9 several years ago which had the same questions and I wrote an article about this in the K-Factor.  Well, next year the figure 9 is back as well…

I think the following pics better depict both P19.07 and P19.09 in how they should be flown…  Obviously the slower the roll before the stall will push the stall further out to the box line.

-Derek