[F3A-Discussion] FW: Judging Proposal

Earl Haury ejhaury at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 13:11:54 AKST 2018

Derek

No offense to Harry’s work, but here’s my view:

1st: Lower entry fees and make event more cost effective for organizers – really shouldn’t matter what the entry fees are, Individuals / teams spend a fortune on airplanes, travel, transportation, lodging, etc., entry fees are a small part – raise them if necessary to keep the organizer solvent and put on a first class event.

2nd: Most won’t get past the prelims for the same costs and need to be treated fairly – doesn’t seem like cutting the number of maneuvers and time they fly is fair, less bang for their buck.

3rd: Judge work load should be reasonable – agree, using 10 judges is very marginal, maybe if entry is very low (<60?). Maybe use 15 for medium entry level (60-80), 20 above.

4th: Reduce number of finals flights - there’s merit in reducing the finals to 3 flights, 3 unknowns is too much though (would put more emphasis on semi’s and F sequence if semi score carried in to finals). When using center/end judges the end judges should score both ends.

5th: Zero judges - should be mandatory for unknowns and at a WC and it really should be 3 with 2 agreements to zero – maybe put a couple of jury members to work?

Earl