Gell coated fuze

Terry Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Tue Oct 15 03:19:16 AKDT 2002

Well, my Synergy, #102, is "home'. Now all I have to do is build it!

This will be my first "state of the art" ship, and I am really excited.

While picking it up Yesterday, Harry and I were talking about the finish.
I have not removed it from the plastic bag yet, but the gell coated fuze
looks perfect, and it is a nice clean white. Does anyone have experience
with using the gell coat as a final color and just masking it off for the
trim colors to be added?

Doing that would save a lot of time and weight. No primer. No base white.
Minimal sanding.

I can see where it might benefit from a coat of clear after all colors
and trim decals were added.

Any experience with this would be appreciated!

Terry T.
# discussion-request at nsrca.org
#