Electric Pattern

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Wed Aug 6 08:13:17 AKDT 2003

--On Wednesday, August 06, 2003 10:56 AM -0400 "Henderson,Eric" <Eric.Henderson at gartner.com> wrote:

> My own opinion is as follows:- I would have liked to have seen Jason's plane at the Nationals
> so that I could make an informed opinion.

Seems to me that the judges' informed opinion was that Jason
was a world-class pilot.

If the judges are supposed to judge equipment--or if competitors
are supposed to be bound to fly in the worlds what they brought
to the trials--then that should be stated explicitly.

> How I see this has nothing to do with rules and rights but much more the issue of
> obligations to those who ran team trials, raised funds, and sat in the judges chairs.

Rules define obligations.

Jason did something you didn't _expect_ him to do.

How many rules do you want to make up so that no one else
ever surprises you?  Do people have to keep the same airframe?
Engine make?  Displacement?  Fuel?  Radio type?  Servos?

I'd rather say that Jason won the right to do what he thinks
is best.  He knows how to compete.

Just my opinion.  YMMV.

				Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org