Filter Failure

Kenneth Blackwell KBlackw at snowhill.com
Fri Feb 21 08:09:13 AKST 2003

I have used the Dubro #162 final filter (Tower Stock No. LXD 742) for years
and for the most part have had good luck. I like the finer mesh of the
filter element. HOWEVER.....lately, I have had several of them leak at the
joint where it is pressed together. This filter is the round cylindrical
filter....about 3/8" dia by 1.5" long.

Generally, I dont' like the screw together type...so I am also looking for a
new type of filter.

Yes I do put my filters and check valves on the front side of the firewall.

Cheers,

Ken Blackwell