Must sell

Bill Mears bill02 at mears.com
Wed Feb 26 08:31:33 AKST 2003

I have 2 airplanes which I have been carrying around to contests trying
to sell:  These (I  think) are a real bargain for a person getting into
pattern flying but not wanting to spend big $$ on an airplane

Vortex(RTF less receiver): Fiberglass fuse,  Balsa over foam wing.
 Wingspan  74 Inches. 11 lbs RTF weight  Includes retracts, tank, fuel
line & dots, MK rail style soft mount, all linkage and a heavy duty MPI
charge plate/switch for futaba.  Motor is 1 yr old YS120FZ and includes
the header, header support bracket, coupler and muffler w/bracket and
spinner/APC prop. Servos are 9202's for Rudder Elevator and Ailerons.
 9001 for throttle and S136 for retracts.

The Vortex is in good shape (The finish is fair)  It had seen alot of
flights even before I got it.  The 120FZ is enough to pull it unlimited
vertical.  It was my primary plane for a short season of intermediate
flying.

Airframe only:   250.    With Motor:  500    With Motor and Servos:  675.

Dash-5(RTF less receiver and battery):  All wood construction.  Wingspan
68 inches.  8.75 lbs RTF weight.   Includes retracts (steerable nose),
tank, fuel dots, fuel line, all linkage, a heavy duty MPI charge
plate/switch for futaba and S148 servo for the nosewheel retract.  Motor
is nearly new  OS 60RX (Hanno w/less than 30 flights on it) includes
exhaust header and tuned pipe/bracket..  Servos are 9101's for Rudder,
Elevator, and Ailerons.  3001 for Throttle and S136 for Wing retracts.
The cowling has been repainted "classic silver" since the picture was
taken.

This is a VERY PRETTY airplane in excellent shape.  It flies as true as
any pattern ship I've flown.  Does great stall turns.  Power from the
Hanno is adequate up through advanced sequence.  I flew it for a while
in intermediate last year.

Airframe only:   400.    With Motor:  550    With Motor and Servos:  715.

Photos available on request.
I live in Scotts Valley, Ca..  I will split the driving up to 250 miles,
otherwise shipping is an unknown consideration.

Bill Mears
NSCRA #3502