Hydeaway Maiden Flight

Anthony Romano anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 17:02:19 AKDT 2003

That is a much deeper question than simple weight and vertical. How much
drag in your airframe and what do you plan to do on your upline? My 10 1/2
pound Prophecy is just fine on an L with a 15.5*12w in advanced on 30% for
the hot nasty days. Daves slightly heavier much draggier (sp?) Giles was not
quite happy on those hot, high humidity days with the L but flies great with
the RX. Saw several guys flying advanced in with 10 lbs with FZ's at the
nats.

  Dave had a lot of input on the HydeAway from Troy Newmans HydeAway. His is
the composite Zn Line kit with all composite formers and foam wings. Almost
the same wieght as Dave's. Like Ed said some people buy very good scales and
Tachs. As they always say your mileage may vary.

Anthony

# discussion-request at nsrca.org
#