Flight Data Recorder

EHaury at aol.com EHaury at aol.com
Sat Jul 19 09:21:01 AKDT 2003

Hi Jim

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I just returned from the Nats.

I only recorded a couple of flights before the Nats, so I don't have much
experience with the recorder. The most useful feature is the ability to dump the
data to Excel for analysis, and a little cleanup is necessary. I observed
somewhere around 50 anomalous points of some 4500.

The data capture rate can be selected between 2 and 10 records a second, I
used 8 initially, but 10 will provide around 10 minutes of recording.

The airplane I used (Hydeout) is equipped with a 1650 mah NiMH 5 cell pack
and one of your regulators (5.7v). All digital servos, 8411 R/E, 9150 (2) A,
8321 T.

A quick analysis of the voltage record (4500) returns a mean of 5.73v, a max
of 5.73v, and a min of 5.27v. I'd say the regulator works very well. When I
get caught up a bit, I'll build a plot with the voltage data synched to the
elevator movements on a couple of snaps and see what it looks like.

Earl