CD's Competing

Kurt Bozarth kurt at bozarthhomes.com
Sun Jul 27 19:39:54 AKDT 2003

This same issue has come up in a local pylon racing club I am a member
of.  Most of us agree that we don't have enough contests and finding a
CD is tough - most don't want to miss the contest to CD it.  We support
the CD competing.  Delegation is the key.  Most of the work is done
PRIOR to and AFTER the contest. The assistant CD is used if protests
occur and the CD was part of the heat.  We've not had issues since we've
adopted this policy.  We take turns CD'ing and understand that the CD
wants to fly just as bad as the rest of us.

Kurt