MC carb for Webra

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 15:32:45 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 6/5/2003 3:48:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil writes:

> Subj:RE: MC carb for Webra
> Date:6/5/2003 3:48:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil">James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> I think the 31.5" is correct from plug to aft edge of pipe.  That means you
> cut the header down some.  I did this, and it worked just fine for my Webra
> R and AAR.
>
> You can adjust the engine to run perfect on the ground.  However, if you
> hear a "pop" when pushing from inverted and adding power, you will need to
> RICHEN the midrange.
>
> Jim W.

Jerry I think you are correct. The low end and particularly middle, sound
like they are lean. Brian was going to get his pump re-adjusted for a little more
output, but I haven't spoken to him lately and I don't know if that helped or
not.

As far as needle settings, I still run the older carb and Im not sure about
the newer one. Be that as it may, the settings are very close to what I use on
my older set-up; however, the needles are different so that is just
coincidence maybe.

matt