O.S. Starting was type F Plug

Rick Wallace rickwallace45 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 7 09:52:21 AKDT 2003

I *think* the first 140RX start of the day is dependent on how much (and
what kind of) after run is in the cylinder.

I'm using Amsoil spray for after run, and as long as the cylinder's not
LOADED w/ the stuff, it'll start the first time of the day by pulling
the prop through 3-4 times to prime it, then hook up the glow driver and
give it a backward hand flick against compression.
If the engine DOES flood before it starts, pinching the fuel line and
burning out the excess will get it ready to hand start again.

I used Mobil 1 as after-run for quite awhile - when the plug well gets
full of that before the first start of the day, it's time to get out the
cradle because the driver won't burn through THAT much heavy oil.

Even then, once it's upside down in the cradle the B&P / kavan on 12
cells will start it just fine - in fact it often hand starts once the
glow plug's at 12 o'clock.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org
#