Bearing prices, for shame

Anthony Romano anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 12:36:34 AKDT 2003

 > >From: Anthony Abdullah
>"
>We've done a whole lot more for less. Like going out and measuring and
>identifying the failed part, picking it up from the SC, and returning it to
>the customer within hours, all for 13% GP. Yes that is a customer that buys
>a lot more than two a year, but there is very little labor involved with
>turning a part number into a part and accepting money. "

You would think more people would be willing to make this kind of effort for
their customers. Unfortunetaly, at the retail level the customer has no
loyalty and the attitude of many retailers has sort of become do it to them
before they do it to you.
Don't get me wrong anyway I can stretch my hobby budget I will even though
my wife will deny that.  I understand we all have to eat but I didn't think
they would eat so well.

AR

> >advantage of.
> >
> >Moral of the story: if you can find another source of replacement
>bearings
> >do it. My company has service centers in 48 states and any of the
>friendly
> >associates could probably save you money on them. I would even be willing
> >to acquire them and ship em and I would only charge you 150% markup.
> >
> >Disclaimer: I know that there are people out there who would say "what
> >about OSs cost overhead, and razor thin margins, and blah.... blah....
> >blah..." but I really am not concerned about that. I know it costs them X
> >dollars to do business, but my only concern is spreading the word to my
> >fellow RC enthusiasts so that we can stretch our already thin hobby
>dollar
> >as far as possible.

>Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
>enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!
>http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
>
>=====================================
># To be removed from this list, send a message to
># discussion-request at nsrca.org
># and put leave discussion on the first line of the body.
>#

Never get a busy signal because you are always connected  with high-speed
Internet access. Click here to comparison-shop providers.
https://broadband.msn.com

# discussion-request at nsrca.org
#