Pattern wing design

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 4 12:40:25 AKDT 2003

I have been thinking about a turtle deck behind a canopy that is placed well
forward of the Extra 300 series. Something that an OS 91 Four stroke could
handle. Balsa over foam like the Carden construction. Wide stance fixed gear
in the wings with an option to go to Tri gear. Forget about exotic exhaust
systems and mount the engine at 90 degrees with the exhaust down.

You have to careful or it evolves into a Dick Hanson Runaround though!
Both size and low wing location will cost performance wise, but I would hope
these factors would lead to more practice time.

John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283
Phone: (336)685-9606