The old 3M 77 contact cement is back!

Ted Sander tedsander at comcast.net
Thu Apr 15 16:43:04 AKDT 2004

Getting old, but in one of the groups last winter was a long thread about 3M
77 for wing sheeting, and what alternative substitutes were since they
changed the formula and it now eats foam.  I'm sending this along to the
pattern group, as we're the ones most likely to worry about sheeting foam
wings.

I e-mailed 3M about another product of theirs (Insulation 78), and while not
responding about it, I did get the following.  They've re-released the
original formula!  Contact them if you need assistance finding a retailer in
your area.

>Thank you for your inquiry.  At this time we offer both 3M Super 77
>original formula - stock number 62-4437-4930-4 UPC 00-021200-96315-5 which
>can be used on stryofoam and 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive 51% VOC -
>stock number 62-4977-2926-9 UPC 00-021200-21210-9 this cavitates stryfoam.

>If you have further questions or need more information,
>I can be reached directly at 1-800-285-3215, ext. 47.

>Regards,

>Becky Martin
>3M Industrial Business
>Customer Response Center