Omaha and the Vert. 8

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Tue Aug 10 11:05:48 AKDT 2004

Richard,
Don't feel badly if you are struggling with the integrated roll in
this maneuver. You are not alone! At the Nats even all the top dogs
were having their share of trouble with the positioning of the roll
on this maneuver. Most were starting too late. On the second day of
prelims I brought the problem to the attention of no less than Sean,
Jason, Quique, and yes even Chip( which was a little undaunting).I
remember telling Chip that he was doing 70% of the roll in the
bottom loop and he advised me, after thinking for a couple of
seconds, that he would fix it the next day. As you know, the first
half takes the most finessing and the second seems to fall pretty
naturally into the arc of the bottom loop, but it sure is fun to
tackle the challenge.Don't give up, it will come with practice.
G.