New engine prep

Fletcher, Richard Richard.Fletcher at gs.com
Fri Aug 13 14:10:58 AKDT 2004

Does anyone clean new engines before running them? In years past I used to
always disassemble new engines before running them. And I once actually did
find some machining debris in the case of a Super Tigre. I once read in a
pylon column that the author even removed the bearings and soaked and
cleaned each part on alcohol and then re-assembled the engine before
running. And we were cautioned to never turn over an engine before going
through this procedure. I am a loyal OS fan and I have found that their
quality control is so good that these procedures are not necessary. Anyone
have any problems with brand new OS 160s?

Thanks, Rich