Bush Pilots pattern contest (District 1)

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Mon Aug 30 18:03:35 AKDT 2004

I just wanted to let everyone (in District 1) know that if they missed the
Bush Pilots pattern contest in Waterboro ME this year, they should plan on
attending next year. I would also like to send a special thanks to Toby
Guimond and his crew for doing such a great job at running this contest. It
was very comfortable and low-key but it ran very smoothly. The field was
nice and the food was great. I will most certainly attend next year! There
were 7(!) Sportsman pilots and 7 Intermediate pilots so the competition was
interesting. One of the most amazing things I saw was the 14 year old
Sportsman pilot who has only been flying for about a year (unfortunately I
can't remember his name). He didn't even know some of the maneuvers when he
arrived (this was his first contest) but a few guys gave him some direction
and tips and he was able to fly all 3 rounds. He didn't place in the top 3
but he didn't finish in last place either. No more excuses about "not being
ready" - come on out and fly. Hope to see everyone at the Black Dirt contest
this weekend (come on Sportsman pilots...).

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com

---