pitch gage

David Harmon K6XYZ at comcast.net
Tue Mar 30 11:24:19 AKST 2004

Hi Steve
.no problem.
I have never met Terry personally but his shop is about 5 miles from
here in Long Beach, Ca.
He said the distribution would be through the usual places
..Tower etc.
I just now pitched a new APC 17x12 on the existing size gauge and it is
usable to compare each blade but Dean is correct, there needs to be a
larger
size gauge for today’s props.
This new prop has a ½ inch pitch difference in the blades
..it figures.
I never would have believed that such a seemingly small difference in
the blades would make such a big difference in flight performance and
vibration.
It’s a lot of fun to experiment with these props on a test stand.
I know of one well known ‘name’ who thought he had a exceptionally
strong engine until he bothered to check his ‘favorite’ prop
.hehe

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586