Charging concerns/questions with NMP Lithium Ion batteries

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon May 10 15:44:41 AKDT 2004

I personally do not use the technology for RC applications.

I have heard from several sources ( the AMA's safety warning notwithstanding)
about either misapplication of the techology causing problems in RC set-ups
or, as in the case with Cameron's home fire, a fault in the charging circuit
causing the problem.

Either way, my argument is that the technology can be made far safer and I
cited the simple example of phones and cameras, both in extremely wide use. Read
that as extreme liability exposure
 for the respective companies offering those products for general
consumption, to the truly uninitiated, John and Joan Q. Public. Yet problems due to the
technology in these applications are essentially a nonissue. That's my point.

I don't buy the argument that the cost is prohibitive. I would bet $$ to
donuts that what is needed to make a safe product has already been invented. More
than that, in regard to cost, it seems to me we patterndudes, will pay alot to
get a better mouse trap. Heck look at what some pay to save two ounces

MattK