Worlds 2005 Day 2

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 19:36:03 AKDT 2005

I take a risk and give you my analysis of why he scores so
well..................

Watching CPLR you soon see that he puts as much into his turnarounds as the
center maneuvers. This adds up slowly but surely and creates a distance
between himself and other pilots who fly equally as well doing the
"hard"stuff in the middle.

I have listened to a bunch top pilots from many different countries espouse
on why CPLR has won so many rounds in world championships. They fall into
the elephant pit trap of only looking at the complex maneuvers and then
struggle to figure out why he gets high scores. I hear the usual
rationalizations of "bias, halo effect etc." and then gently insert how well
he flew in the USA and how many rounds he won!

All yu have to do is watch a video of how he flies and you see, geometry,
geometry, geometry. Rolls components in the physical  center of what they
are flown in, as opposed to the timing, feeling, rhythm that is often used.

The more astute ones have figured it out and are working on the problem!

My pick  for the one to watch is, Onda!

Regards,

Eric.