FAI Weight Thread

Jim_Woodward at beaerospace.com Jim_Woodward at beaerospace.com
Wed Feb 23 12:48:54 AKST 2005

Best idea is to simply raise the weight limit  while maintaining current
dimensions.  We have already crossed the bi-plane bridge, and witnessed
the designs tradeoffs.  Why not open the weight to 12 lbs or do away with
it all together?  This will ultimately serve to provide "us" more options
in terms of designs, weight, power setups, vendors, etc.

I'm back. :)
Jim W.

"Ed Miller" <edbon85 at charter.net>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
02/23/2005 04:38 PM
Please respond to
discussion at nsrca.org

<discussion at nsrca.org>
cc

Subject
Re: FAI Weight Thread

5Kg including fuel for glow planes will eliminate 2 of the 3 pattern ships
now I have, including my newest 2M ship as I doubt I can fly the Master's
schedule on 7 ounces of fuel. Should it happen I guess I'll just sport fly
my planes and another NSRCA member and pattern flyer will be lost. I
suspect over 90% of existing glow ships would now be technically illegal.
If we keep screwing with rules that outdate or make planes overnight
illegal, pattern will be a very, very small crowd in a very short time. I
certainly don't care for the thought that my substantial $$ and time
investment could be wiped out by a rule that accomplishes what ???
Ed M.