Weight limit discussion

Gene Maurice gene.maurice at comcast.net
Fri Feb 25 17:50:15 AKST 2005

Dave,

I’ve got an 11½  pound Aries. To get it down to 5 kg will cost me hundreds
of dollars (carbon pipe, carbon tube, etc.). How does an increased weight
limit equate to costing me more? I’m not sure I understand this logic. How
and where will I spend MORE to add weight. Buy a gas engine? The gassers in
the size category we’re talking about are substantially less $ than a DZ and
don’t produce near the power my OS 160’s do.

If the top dogs are building/flying at 10#, a pound below the limit, what
exactly will you do with another pound? Make their planes stronger and more
durable? Boy, that would be bad for everyone.

BTW, if heavier flys better, add lead, it’s cheap.

Gene Maurice

gene.maurice at comcast.net

Plano, TX

NSRCA 877