PBG carbon wing tube for IMPACT

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Mon Feb 28 08:48:21 AKST 2005

Peter,
            You are in a catch-22 situation, as you have noted. If you thicken the CF tube for both wings then you can't push it through the center tube in the fuselage. The advice to thicken the tube with CA only works if the center tube also has/had slack.

You can thicken the lining of the tubes in the wing with a swab on a stick. Use medium CA to give yourself some time to swirl it around. It really only needs to be tight at the root of the wing and where the tip of the CF tube reaches into the wing

MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that it is cured - I use can-spray-kicker - and then try the tube. If it gets too tight you can sand it out with sandpaper on a broom handle. I use the sticky-backed sand paper that comes in rolls for the ali-sanding tools.

Personally I would use the center tube that came with the plane. The weight saving of center tube will be miniscule.

Regards,

Eric.