Temperatures acceptable for equipment while flying.....?

CHAD NORTHEAST chadnortheast at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 5 06:03:17 AKST 2005

Ahhh its not that bad Karl....the windchill was only -32C (-26F) here this morning :-)

We have flown sport planes at -20C, the equipment will tolerate more cold than your skin will.  Guys will fly until its uncomfortable to be outside and some tolerate it more than others!  I dont do much flying outside below -10C (14F).

The biggest concern is battery life, you wont get nearly the flights in cold weather that you will in warm weather....fast charge often.  Also I would be concerned flying a composite fuse like ZN or PL planes in weather much colder than -5C or -10C.

Chad