Mailing List/K Factor

Chris Moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:13:01 AKST 2005

I agree this is an old way old doing things.  I don't know about the
NSRCA's web server and its costs and limitations, but I know there is
software out there (some free) that we could put onto the NSRCA's server
and have an RCU type forum there w/ posting of pics etc.  Maybe our web
team can look into this??

Chris

Michael Laggis wrote:

>My true and honest belief is that using a mailing list for sharing ideas and
>information is obsolete.  With the free resources like RCUniverse where
>people can post to threads, add pictures, do searches makes getting 20,30
>and 40 email a day pretty useless.  The only reason for using a mail list is
>for people that only have an email account and no access to the internet.  I
>would have to say that number is close to nil.
>
>Instead of complaining about the list,  stop using it and start using
>RCUniverse.  Content there can be seen by pattern and non-pattern flyers.
>Contest reports with pictures can be posted, build threads with pictures and
>descriptions will stay there and can be searched and used by anyone in the
>world.  Ideas can be shared with not just the NSRCA community but with
>Pattern Flyers throughout the world.
>
>As for the K-Factor, When and if I receive my paper copy I have already
>downloaded it.  It could be made electronic only and if someone again does
>not have access someone could print it out and give or send it to that
>person.
>
>Again, these are personal opinions, If it is something that someone feels
>really passionate about they should peruse an NSRCA vote on the subject and
>follow the results.
>

>Michael Laggis

>If you want your reply email to go to the list, you must Cc: the list!
>
>To access the email archives for this list, go to
>http://lists.f3a.us/pipermail/nsrca-discussion/
>To be removed from this list, go to http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm
>and follow the instructions.
>
>List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.