[NSRCA-discussion] Li Po charging and balancing

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Dec 21 19:13:22 AKST 2006

For smaller stuff (up to 2100mah 3S packs) I have been very happy with the Accucycle Elite. It will also do Nicads, and allows charging two batteries at once.

  For balancing, the Astro Blinky is about the best value for the money, IMHO. I have just purchased the Hyperion LBA10 for $42 which has more features and works with any charger. I also purchased the Hyperion EOS 5I charger which will handle 5 amps and 5S packs (as well as Nicad AND lead-acid).

  http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/SearchResult-Chargers-Li-Poly-Safety.aspx?CategoryID=16

  If you seriously get into flying the smaller stuff, being able to charge multiple batteries at once is really nice.

  Bob R.

colin chariandy <cchariandy at yahoo.ca> wrote:
    All

  I'm getting deeper into the electrics and am looking for a decent charger and balacer for "small" winter projects. I don't plan on getting any bigger than 2100mAh batteries.

  I found some interesting looking stuff at Central ...the Yuntong AC/DC charger and balancer. Very well priced and with enough capability to do the job.

  Is there any experience with these produtcs out there?

  Does the balancer include TP connector?

  Is there anything else that may be a better solution?

  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks
  Colin