[NSRCA-discussion] Lion Batteries

Larry ledunn at centurytel.net
Wed May 24 20:11:01 AKDT 2006

OK, - got the battery outside in a fire proof location? Do that first!

Leave the pack sit for 24 hours or so before you do anything with it. It could be extremely unstable and very dangerous.

It sounds like you shorted the pack while soldering the deans on. Its easy to do.

What you need to do now is make sure the pack gets completely discharged at a very slow rate. Its possible that the pack still has some charge in the cells. If there is any puffing there is a chance the pack could explode when/if it is punctured.

What size is the pack?

Larry