[NSRCA-discussion] Wisconsin contests

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Sun May 28 04:51:21 AKDT 2006

    Rusty Dose has volunteered to have a pattern contest on the  8th and the 9th of September this year at the Port Washington Wisconsin field. We attended the pattern seminar there yesterday and the field is really nice. This is a very exciting development since we lost the contest at Pebble Creek this year.
   Details will be forthcoming soon but I wanted to give everyone a heads up on this so you can plan ahead.
   I also want to thank Rusty for the event yesterday. We all learned a lot. Dave Guerin gave a compelling talk on trimming and setup of a pattern plane. Now if I can apply 1/4 of what he said I'll be a lot better.
   Also don't forget about Mike Dorna's contest next weekend in Menominee Falls. Mike is having a new class this year to encourage club members to try pattern. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works and if it can be used as a model for other contests.
   Have a great holiday weekend!
  --Mike Mueller