[NSRCA-discussion] LiPo Voltage

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Nov 30 15:42:58 AKST 2006

I had an interesting discussion with an Energizer  battery supplier
in a Sam's today.  I was at the battery display, looking at the AA
nonrechargeable lithium batteries.  The package said the cells were
1.2V.  I asked the battery supplier how the voltage could be 1.2
volts when most of  the lithium cells I'd seen were rated at 3.7
volts. He didn't know.  Does anyone out there?  Can the Lithium
chemistry for nonrechargeable cells produce a nominal 1.2 volts and
the rechargeable cells produce a nominal 3.7 volts?

Ron Van Putte