[NSRCA-discussion] If you don't score by the rules....don'tadvertise a rulebook event

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Oct 3 05:19:49 AKDT 2006

Del,

  Thanks for pointing that out.

  I attended a contest many years ago where I was the only Masters competitor to show up. The CD announced that since I was the only one, they were going to have me fly in the Expert class. (Masters was not turnaround, Expert was!). I pointed out the fact that if they advertised/sanctioned a particular class, they are required to fly it. They did.  I was not trying to be a butt about it, it was just that I had driven all that distance, and I was also in the points race that year.

  It ended up that another Masters competitor showed up a little late. We flew and had fun.

  They did not have any problem getting volunteers to judge Masters. :-)  Quick gig.

  Bob R.

"Del K. Rykert" <drykert2 at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
    BODY {   MARGIN-TOP: 25px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 10px; COLOR: #0033cc; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica  }        Fred.
      You as a competitor do have RIGHTS. Unfortunately it isn't well known. AMA rules require CD's to file paperwork to obtain and AMA sanction if it is going to be an official AMA event. Pattern events are. I am not an advocate of knee jerk PROTESTS which I have seen over the years, but you also have the right to file a formal protest if an event is not following the rules. This is why some CD's must give advance notice in the AMA contest Ad that is in the magazine so those that are planning to attend can contact the CD or their representative to be informed what the modification is going to be if it isn't specifically spelled out.
                        Del
               nsrca - 473