[NSRCA-discussion] Aileron servo arm size and resolution?

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Wed Jan 3 17:47:56 AKST 2007

if you have to use 50% ATV, you are effectively getting 50% torque and 50%
resolution.

If you need more servo speed, you need a faster servo, not to goof around
with the linkages.

Maybe the use of 6.0 V RX pack instead of 4.8 V, as that increases speed
significantly (if your servo can handle the voltage) and increases MOTOR
power. (does not increase gear train strength... so I would not count on
more torque than with the 4.8v)  Increasing the motor power and speed comes
at a cost of increased heat and a need for a higher capacity battery.

You should get your full surface travel (high rate) as close to 100% ATV
setting as possible.  ATV is a trap and if abused can lead to some really
bad control system installations.

FHH