[NSRCA-discussion] Fwd: RE: Fwd: Thick trailing edges

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Jan 17 05:04:00 AKST 2007

I forwarded the question to Robert Vess. Here is his reply:

"Robert J. Vess" <rjvess at mindspring.com> wrote:  From: "Robert J. Vess" <rjvess at mindspring.com>
To: "Bob Richards" <bob at toprudder.com>
Subject: RE: Fwd: [NSRCA-discussion] Thick trailing edges
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:38:04 -0500

      Bob,

  In my airfoil design experience I have found that, generally speaking, thicker trailing edges add a little more aft loading to the airfoil.  So this in turn adds hinge moment, which means that the surface tries a bit harder to return to neutral.  So this can make it feel more "locked in" around neutral since it centers better.  This is in contrast to "softening the feel around neutral" as the message below reads.

  Robert