[NSRCA-discussion] Engine mount isolators

Paul LaChance plachance at cox.net
Thu Jul 26 13:32:27 AKDT 2007

Hi all,

Well, I am getting behind the curve before I even get started.  While going
over my plane and equipment, I have found my engine needs new bearing, my
engine mount fell apart, and I can't get the parts fast enough.  LOL  The
bearings are on order and should be here by Wednesday(I hoped to fly this
weekend) and nobody has the rectangular dampers for the vibradamp engine
mount.  I guess I have been out of the sport long enough that none of my
equipment is used anymore.

I have seen that World Models has a similar engine mout but uses clear
silicon instead of the black rubber isolators.  Does anyone have any
experience with this mount?  Can I buy the isolators for that mount and use
them on my vibradamp?  Does anyone have some spare isolators I can buy?

Thanks in advance.  I hope to get to fly next weekend since this weekend
will bre out.  I have my daughter next weekend, so it makes it difficult to
fly when I have her.  I will have to see if my dad can sit her while I fly.

Paul LaChance