[NSRCA-discussion] Judging Question

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Mar 2 17:44:30 AKST 2007

Fred,
An out of bounds violation is scored in proportion to the amount flown out of
bounds. We have good guidelines on how much to downgrade for such occurences.
Please follow up in the rule book.

The element(s) should not be considered as though they didn't happen. A
judge's responsibility in bounds violations is to continue to judge such that
severity may be correctly assessed. Consider an end violation where the maneuver
was started outside but was finished inside the box (and vice versa). Humptys
are good examples of this type of violation.

In your example, the caveat is that the judge may have had to strain so much
that he-she had to turn away. A severe dowgrade could be warranted under such
extremes

MattK

In a message dated 3/2/2007 9:25:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,