[NSRCA-discussion] Wing Construction

wgalligan wgalligan at texasairnet.com
Wed Nov 7 06:12:51 AKST 2007

 Terry and I talked about this and using a credit card to spread the glue
 works good.  Then use the cheap foam rollers to remove excess glue and this
 gives the surface an even coat.  I find using a roller helps to bubble the
 glue.  I think this adds more surface area and helps get the glue activated
 along with a light misting of the cores with water.  Of course Terry and I
 use urethane glue.   Apply glue to all areas of the wood sheeting.  The
glue
 adds additional strength in the open areas of the wing.  I just happened to
 have a wrecked wing that I could prove this with.  I had lightened the
cores
 by coring the thicker sections of the wing.  One area that had little or no
 glue was much easier to puncture.
 Other then the water this would work well with epoxy also.

 Wayne Galligan