[NSRCA-discussion] AMA weight limit

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 05:58:03 AKDT 2008

The FAI regulation is 5.0 kilos. At the urging of Dean Pappas, the
regulation was modified to include +1% to account for typical weighing
scale precision issues. It's a reasonable assessment of typical scale
precision.

The AMA, to the best of my knowledge, has not followed this thought
process, possibly because an adequate proposal was not made. The AMA
regulation is 5.0 kilos, including the lack of scale precision.

MattK