[NSRCA-discussion] Masters Judging

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 05:57:54 AKDT 2009

 Mark that's a really great way to run the A and B group except the guys that are in 9th that think they could make it to 5th and won't have a chance will be moaning all day. I still prefer just doing the split and treat it as a seperate class. The award thing can be made easy with the color computer printouts using a simple graphic programs and a simple frame. There cheap and I like the picture awards the best.
 The issue with the current Masters pattern length is something that we have to deal with for the next 2 years. I can't see changing the rules at this point. So we deal with what we have and go on. It's not that big of a deal.
 Question is why do so many pilots prefer flying in Masters instead of FAI?
 Again who cares it's a choice we all have and more gravitate to Masters and that's their right. Argue all you want it will not change what happens.
 I don't want to see a situation where the few have the bear the burden of judging all day. It's not fair and splitting class solves the problem.
 Proper time managemant at contests is a good problem in that it means we have a lot of flyers showing up. Nothing is worse than 15 guys at a contest and having all the time in the world to get in your flights.
 Going to the field to have a good time flying with my best friends, seems like a great concept to me. Man I love this hobby! Mike