[NSRCA-discussion] Hacker C50 Comp fan FYI

Verne Koester verne at mi.rr.com
Thu Nov 14 12:41:45 AKST 2013

Hi Jon,

The short answer is no.

You have the original C50-14XL. The big improvement in the Comp version was
the fan and bolt on gear box. The original suffered with magnet separation
problems and other issues because of the heat. The Comp version eliminated
all the problems. The good news is that the power is the same for both
versions. The planetaries, gearbox bearings, drive hub, and motor bearings
are interchangeable. The case, gearbox, and rotor are not.

As I recall, the bolt pattern on the front of both motors is the same, so a
swap should be fairly simple if you decide to do that down the road.

Verne