[NSRCA-discussion] Pattern Primer

Del R drykert2 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Feb 24 02:58:35 AKST 2014

I suspect one of the most practical things to show the new fliers to pattern is the box and center the maneuvers. It was the Nats before that was every pointed out to me by Don Lowe and I have thanked him in my mind repeatedly every since. With no coach I had no clue how poorly I was centering my maneuvers until made the obvious observation that you fly good maneuvers but poorly presented. Instantly my scores improved. Beginning pilots may not have coaches either so to make that point to them goes along way to them having a good showing which I feel helps hook them to want more.

    Del