[NSRCA-discussion] Switch on the Jeti Mezon Lite 90 ESC

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Thu Sep 1 08:55:20 AKDT 2016

Yes there is.  The Mezon Lite has a built in BEC that you can set to the regulated voltage you desire to run your airborne radio.  The switch then lets you turn the radio on and off.  It has nothing to do with turning the ESC on or off or arming it.

I recommend running a backup battery to provide a redundant supply.  I run a very small 2s LiPo through a mechanical switch into the receiver.  I set the BEC to 8 volts and as a result it keeps the backup LiPo charged to 8 volts.  This has to be the lightest and most convenient redundant system.  For a 6 volt system I run the BEC at 6.2 Volts and put a Jaccio 5.7 volt regulator between the 2s and the receiver.  In this case you do need to charge the 2s once in awhile.

I have accidentally forgot to turn on the BEC and flown a flight on the backup with no problems and yes I have accidentally ejected my 10s pack and landed safely on the 2s.

Jim O