[NSRCA-discussion] Coloring A Canopy

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Sun Feb 5 20:32:17 AKST 2006

Scott,
 I've painted canopies with transparent paint and it comes out pretty good.
Bob Pastorello has pictures of this technique on his website I think.
Basically I just use a can of  Testors #1257 Transparent blue paint - apply
the paint on the inside of course. You have to apply it evenly or it will
look like cr@#. I also mask the outside of the canopy to prevent over spray
from sticking to the outside surface. I don't know if there's an amber
color, but I do know that R/C car paint has a "window tint" color. That
might be close. R/C car paint is lacquer based however, so you may want to
test it on a piece of scrap material to make sure it doesn't deform the
canopy.
John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com