[NSRCA-discussion] Vacuum Bagging

Nat Penton natpenton at centurytel.net
Sun Dec 23 15:47:37 AKST 2007

Jay
That should have been 3psi, not 5 ( one fifth of atmospheric ).

I have enjoyed wing building since I received the vac system. It's like magic and does not require a strong table, just a flat spot. If you use Midwest ( precision ) balsa you can eliminate sanding going into the bag and tape the sheets together, very fast into the bag. I have gone to 1/32 sheet, actually .040, which is an optional cut from Midwest.

I think the only way you can specify density with Midwest is with a $200 minimum per item. Your time makes it worth it. Very little sanding out of the bag.