[NSRCA-discussion] Inspection & Weighing

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Tue Aug 4 05:32:11 AKDT 2009

Joe Lachowski wrote:

>  A lot of the soaring guys fly multiple events. I know there was talk
> of eliminating two meter some years ago too. Some of the sailplane
> events require 2 days and they cram a bunch of rounds in each day with
> a lot more planes in the air at one time than we have. Just think
> unlimited had around 100 people flying to complete an event in a two
> day period.
>
> On the other end of the spectrum,  you also need to look at some of
> the control line events where there are only a handful of entrants.

Bottom line is soaring gets over 300 paid entries. And before you start
down the road of the numbers game think about Free Flight. They
traditionally attract the largest number of entries, so maybe they
should argue that RC should be cut down more.

If 2-meter is cut or eliminated the thinking is to give that time, or at
least a day of it, to a different event, RES, which is growing rapidly.

Joe did not mention that his brother is over in the Czech Republic right
now representing the US on out F3B World Team, so he knows a bit about
soaring if only by association.